Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

New Idea

I picked up this chair at Goodwill for $3 and knew it would be a cheap thrill for me to paint it white and try to cover the seat with some fabric I already have.
I just got rid of 2-3 chairs. I like chairs and always dragging home a stray one.But a girl needs a project . It's not like I don't have anything else to do around here on my days off.

                                                                             
 I don't have this material fasten to the seat I just laid it on the seat to see how it looks I have some toile material I may use.
 My favorite material for this chair would be the huge red and white check. Which I can't find only online . I always wanted to cover a wingback chair in the huge red and white check upholstery material , however sold that chair also.

Here is what the chair started out as.Just a lone dining room chair.



Ps another thing someone tell me how to copy an old picture onto fabric, I got Photo Fabric at Joan's but guess I got to small size 4x6 it won't feed through my printer? 


Linky parties I joined in this week 


12 comments:

  1. I too have a hard time passing up a stray chair.And this one has gorgeous curves! You're right, a girl does need a project or TWO waiting around to be done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janice, I liked the chair in the wood color and with the needlepoint. You know me!
    Talk to you soon,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice chair! I love having projects too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This chair has great "bones" and it is going to be beautiful. Be sure to show the "after"!
    As for the paper that is too small... Try using blue painters tape and taping it to a regular sheet of printer paper to act as a carrier. You only need to tape the top and bottom but make sure you get it completely flat with no wrinkles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Redeeming something is so rewarding! I'd rather do that than buy new any day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Howdy janice....i surfed in through ginas blog and wanred to say hi. What a fun blog you have! Enjoying it and mercy its so nice to find somebody else who drags home loose chairs like i do!!! Ha ha i blog from charleston....come visit sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Check the settings when you try to print - it might be on paper size but you should be able to change it to "thick." blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the lines of this chair! It would be fabulous with large red and white check. But then, I am a red lover. Love toile also.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your Nice words on my blog today.....like your chair what you do with....Nice blog you have.love Ria x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just looks perfect..I must say you have done great job.
    curtain cleaners

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely very nice..I must say you have done great job.
    curtain cleaners

    ReplyDelete