Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Oregon Trip

I am back from visiting my oldest daughter and  my son and their kids (3 grown single guys in their 20's) around Portland Oregon. Then I went to Salem Oregon where my daughter has taken a job and she says she loves it. She is getting settled in her new apartment which is an easy drive to her job not like around Portland where the traffic is horrific and it an hour drive each way.

We went shopping for things she needed in her apartment like rugs, lamps and towel bar, toaster. We shopped at a couple wonderful Goodwill stores and I even found myself things of course.We went to a real girly flea market store named Aunt Bee's in Salem Oregon and I found me an adorable very small abalone shell that I have already decorated it with pearls and rhinestone and cut out a picture  from a post card advertisement added her a crown and decoupaged her inside the shell
                                                         

See how small it is compared to my larger abalone shells I have decorated with rhinestones. when I came home and was doing laundry I set at one of my work tables in the studio and added the pearls and rhinestone while waiting on washer and dryer to quit.
                                                                         


Here is me and my daughter in the pouring down rain at Lincoln City last Friday. Tammy took a 1/2 day off and we drove to beach in 55 minutes from her work place.
 It was fun we ate at Mo's for all you Oregon people will know where Mo's restaurant is at Lincoln City beach,we had clam chowder and fish and chips.There was a family out playing on the beach in the rain. It was very windy and huge waves coming in off the ocean. Tammy called it a storm, it was just windy and rainy to me . I told her a storm here in Missouri is thunder lighting, high winds and limbs falling out of my trees, the power going out. LOL
 I drove my daughter to work everyday and toured Salem Oregon downtown. I went in their state capital building and found nice shops downtown Salem. She said she wanted to know where the library was, I said oh I know it's across from Capital building on corner. It was easy for me to drive around. I would not dare drive in Portland by myself.

It was a short sweet visit and now I'm back to work and more rain here today only. My cat Shirlee was very glad to see me,he is sticking right by me.



Linky parties I joined in for fun 


15 comments:

  1. Your shells looks so precious, darling Janice, and you've added to the littest one you've just bought such an artistic and magic touch, thank you for sharing these Beauty with us, and the photos of you and your daughter, as well, you look so happy together ... I know how important complicity between mother and daughter is, it's a God's Gift !

    Hope you're having the best of weeks,
    Im sending hugs and ever much love to you

    Xx Dany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Afternoon Janice, Your Abalone Shells are so pretty and I love the addition of the rhine stones and pearls.... it really makes the shell look even prettier.
    You sound like you had a wonderful time helping your daughter settle into her new home. That photograph of the sea looks pretty rough to me.... the waves look huge.
    Shirlee is sticking to you like glue because he missed you so much.... he will for quite a while.
    Have a lovely day.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll bet Shirley was glad to see you! So glad you had such a nice time! You decorated your shell so beautifully! Cute pic of you and Tammy, I don't think you two look alike. What about your son, any pics? Hope to see you soon!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I love the happy pics! A great starting point for something new...

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful works of art, Janice, I love the way you swirled the pearls toward the queen's crown. I can't help but think you are very good at multi-tasking. I usually wash the dishes while waiting for the laundry to be done. I need to rethink that! ~Ginene

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janice, so glad you had a nice visit here in Oregon. I would rather drive in Salem any day over Portland. So I avoid Portland when I can. LOL! Of course, this is coming from someone that lives on a farm and town going is to a town of 10,000.

    xo Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of the best trips of my life was last Oct when daughter, SIL, hubby and I went to Portland to see one of our grandsons....such a beautiful place and they took us to so many lovely places..so glad you had a good tine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had such a fun trip. Your creative shells are lovely. I featured the cup and saucer you gave me on today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great trip, I love snooping around new towns. Your shell is beautiful

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi
    It sounds like you had fun with your dear daughter. The traffic is crazy around Oregon. I love the rhinestones on your shell. So pretty and all of your transferware in your sidebar have left me swooning. Blessings, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oregon is one place I really want to visit someday. It sounds so magical. LOVE your decorated shell!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great photo of you and your daughter, Janice! I've heard Oregon is just beautiful and it sounds like a fun trip! Thanks for sharing your adventure & treasures @Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I live outside of Portland OR and visit Salem and the coast often. We have a lovely state. Sorry the weather was so wet, but October was unusually wet! You found some treasures. I hope your daughter loves living her.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete